Saturday, September 1, 2012

Camping for the half-asser's


(hope you like the title, my boyfriend thinks it's golden - he came up with it)

Okay so our cabin is like a small house! It's perfect for the two of us. We unpacked last night and it definitely feels like a little home now. We been eating out because the nearest restaurant is like 10 min away and really cheap. It just doesn't pay to buy and cook food for just us two.

Today we slept a lot and took it easy, something I haven't done in over a year! It was a nice break, but my fuel band was so low on points. So I told my boyfriend we better do some activities!

We hopped in the car and started on our journey. First we went to the garlic festival which was not that exciting. We did try chocolate covered garlic and let me tell you right now- do not in any circumstance eat that willingly. My boyfriend hated it! I was like its not that good and I will never have it again. But even an hour later my boyfriend was cringing at the thought of it.

We then took an hour drive to the Northern Delaware gap. We went for a small hike (very small - I was highly disappointed that it wasn't longer! I had my hiking boots on and everything!)

After that we went to the town of Stroudberg and got a nice dinner at a very irish restaurant. Food was delicious and I also got to take a walk around the town to get up my fuel points up.

And now we are back at the cabin about to watch the first of the Bourne series, since my boyfriend was appalled I have never watched any of them.

Below are some pictures of the Delaware water gap.




I shall update more tomorrow after our white water rafting trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment