Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bowing all out!

I recently just cleaned out my room, well actually I am still in the process of cleaning out.  Anyways, I have found many items I long forgotten about, which of course got me really excited! It's like going shopping - finding your favorite item and then getting it for FREE!

Last night I found two new/old items. One was a black bow and a silk off-white shirt with a black bow print.  Of course I immediately had to put these two items into my next outfit. I went to planning! I found a black skirt - I just recently bought-  my pay-less black shoes and a red ruffle cardigan.  I put it all together and went to show my family.  I got mixed reviews about the cardigan. My mother and grandma didn't particularly jump up and down in excitement about the ruffled cardigan BUT my sister loved it.  I went with the cardigan because well my mom's and grandma's fashion sense tends to be outdated sometimes.

But Brittany what did you do with the bow?
GREAT QUESTION!

Well this morning after working out I didn't want to wash my hair again (since I did it yesterday) and I also didn't want to straighten it.  After looking at a week of pinterest hair styles I decided to get creative.  I rinsed and conditioned my hair in the shower and immediately blew dried my hair.  I then took my hairspray and teasing brush out and took my first (EVER!) stab at teasing my hair.  I think teasing takes practice but I didn't do a bad job, I just wanted a little lift for the bun I was putting together. I ended up pulling my teased hair back with bobbie pins and took my hair and twirled it into a big knot bun.  I bobbied pinned the bun securely and added the bow.

 I'm so excited how nice it turned out! It gives me confidence to try knew hairstyles which I could hopefully share with all of you.  If you every have any suggestions of a new hairstyle I could try (that is quick and easy!) I would love to hear about it (leave a comment!)

Here is a picture of my bow -ed out style :)

-Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment